William Bayley was the oldest of the nine children of Richard Bayley and his second wife Frances Flower of Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
William married Mary Jackson - one of 'three twins' (or triplets as they should probably have written) of Wicken, and the couple went on to have ten children between 1779 and 1800 - all of which were baptised at the parish church.
William pre-deceased his wife by 38 years, when their youngest daughter, Sophia was less than a year old. Sophia was buried just a few weeks later, leaving Mary to grieve for the loss of her son and daughter whilst providing for their 9 surviving children.
- Circa 1752 at Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 26th November 1752 at St. Laurence's Church, Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Mary Jackson (1759-1839) on 3rd May 1778 at St. Laurence's Church, Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Margaret Bailey (1779-17??)
- Frances Bailey (1782-?) married John Rawlinson (17??-18??)
- William Bailey (1785-1850) married Elizabeth Bird (1778-1861).
- Richard Bailey (1787-?)
- Anne Bailey (1789-?)
- Margaret Bailey (1791-?)
- John Bailey (1793-18??) married Susan Thurston (17??-18??)
- Isaac Bailey (1795-1864) married Sarah Murfitt (1805-?)
- Sarah Bailey (1798-?)
- Sophia Bailey (1800-1801)
- Circa 1st April 1801 at Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1st April 1801 at St. Laurence's Church, Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.