- John Brightwell 1788-1855
- Elizabeth Brown 1786-1832
- possibly Robert Brightwell
- possibly Mary Crane
Elizabeth was the oldest of the six children of John and Elizabeth Brightley (née Brown) of Littleport, Cambridgeshire.
Elizabeth's father re-married after her mother's death to a Mary Hall - widow of Coveney, and they appear to have had one child Robert Hall Brightley.
circa 1807, Littleport, Cambridgeshire.
27th May 1810 at Littleport St George church, Cambridgeshire.
- William Gilbert (1807-1879) on 25th January 1828 at St. George's Church, Littleport, Cambridgeshire.
- Jane Gilbert (1828-?) married Joseph Jackson and later to George Merrell
- Sarah Gilbert (1830-?) married David Norman
- Joseph Gilbert (1833-1833)
- Elizabeth Gilbert (1836-1849)
- Ann Gilbert (1838-?) married William Drake (1821-?)
- Mary Gilbert (1841-?)
- William Gilbert (1844-1852)
- Martha Gilbert (1846-?) married Golden Fletcher
- James Gilbert (1848-1916) married Elizabeth Howlett (1856-1916)
- Elizabeth Gilbert (1850-?) married James Brightley (1850-?)
- Susan Gilbert (1852-?)
- William Gilbert (1855-1856)
- 1841: 35yrs, Burnt Chimney Drove, Littleport, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: 44yrs, Burnt Chimney Drove, Littleport, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1861: 52yrs, Westmoor, Littleport, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1871: 62yrs, Westmoor, Littleport, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1881: 81yrs, Burnt Chimney Drove, Littleport, Cambridgeshire, England.
April 1886, aged 84 years.
10th April 1886 at Littleport, Cambridgeshire.