- unknown Burnell 17??-?
- unknown 17??-?
- William Evans 1755-1823
- Elizabeth Chorley 1758-?
Samuel Burnell was the oldest known child of Robert Burnell and his wife Martha Evans of Combe Florey in Somerset.
Samuel married Mary Babbidge on Christmas Day of 1839 in Combe Florey, Somerset. Together they had at least eleven children born in Lydiard St Lawrence and Combe Florey, Somerset. A second, and youngest son named 'John Burnell' appears in the family group, although the couple already had a child of this name - perhaps it was an illegitimate grandson?
In 1861, Samuel and his family are living in the Poor Houses of Combe Florey, Somerset, although Samuel is noted as a 'Road Contractor'.
24th March 1816, Coombe Florey, Somerset.
21st April 1816, Coombe Florey, Somerset.
- Mary Babbidge (1816-1887) on 25th December 1839 at Coombe Florey, Somerset.
- Sarah Burnell (1840-?)
- James Burnell (1841-?)
- John Burnell (1845-?)
- Robert Burnell (1846-?) married Elizabeth (1841-?)
- William Burnell (1848-?)
- George Burnell (1850-1891) married Mary Ann Barker (1854-?)
- Susannah Burnell (1852-?)
- Mary Ann Burnell (1855-?)
- Elizabeth Burnell (1857-?)
- Jane Burnell (1861-?)
- John Burnell (1864-?)
- 1841: 25yrs, Sandings, Lydeard St Lawrence, Somerset, England.
- 1851: 36yrs, Combe Florey, Somerset, England.
- 1861: 49yrs, Poor Houses, Combe Florey, Somerset, England.
- 1871: 58yrs, Cottage, Combe Florey, Somerset, England.
3rd August 1875, Combe Florey, Somerset, aged 59yrs.
Cause of Death:
"1. Asthma (10 years), 2. Anasarca (4 months) - certified by W. A. Deane MRCS".
August 1875, presumably in Combe Florey, Somerset, England.