- Philip Cross 1798-1866
- Sarah Freeman 1802-1829
- Robert Newell 1804-1855
- Ann Atkin 1808-1869
George Cross was one of the eleven children of Jacob Cross and his first wife Mary Ann Newell of Ely, Cambridgeshire. When he was 19 his mother died and after five years, his father went on to remarry.
George married Sabina "Vine" Taylor of Cambridge Road, Ely, Cambridgeshire and the couple had two known children, both daughters. At the time of the birth of their youngest daughter - Susan Cross in 1872, the family lived in St. John's Place. George is noted as having been a labourer at the time of his first daughter's birth back in 1870.
In 1892, George Cross became the landlord of the 'Eagle and Lamb' pub, owned by Morgan's Brewery Co. Ltd, on Cambridge Road, Ely. The pub also included a brewery behind it. Unfortunately the pub and most of the brewery has been demolished and the area is now an access road.
Following his death in 1898, his widow "Vine" takes over the licence and is listed as the landlord from 1898-1904. She appears on the 1901 census a widow landlord with two lodgers.
George's daughter, Mary Ann Cross married Edward Moden and named one of her daughters after her mother; one after her sister; and her son after her father.
1850, Ely in Cambridgeshire, England.
17th February 1850 at St. Mary's Church, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Sabina Steadman Taylor (1852-1916) on 28th May 1870 at St. Mary's Church, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: 1yr, Buggs Hill, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1861: Ely census destroyed
- 1871: 18yrs, Smockhill Alley, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1881: 30yrs, St John's Place, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1891: 40yrs, St John's Place, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
September 1898 at the 'Eagle and Lamb Pub' on Cambridge Road, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England. Aged 48 years.
6th September 1898 in Ely Cemetery, Cambridgeshire, England. Grave D540.
- "Ely Inns a History of Ely Inns and Beer Houses" by Patrick Ashton
(2007, ISBN 0-903616-23-8) features information about the pub that George and his wife were landlords of.