- Philip Cross 1798-1866
- Sarah Freeman 1802-1829
Jacob Cross was one of the children of Philip Cross and his first wife Sarah (née Freeman) of Ely, Cambridgeshire.
He married Mary Ann Newell in 1845 and was noted at the time to be a labourer of "Smock Alley" (known today as Barton Road) in Ely, Cambridgeshire.
In 1851, the family had moved to Buggs Hill (Cambridge Road) and are joined by a lodger, James Newell, aged 17yrs (probably Mary Ann's brother). The couple had eleven children together before Mary Ann died at the age of 39yrs in 1868.
Five years later, widower Jacob remarried to widow Elizabeth Reeve (née Parson) and they are shown on the 1881 census as living at West End, Ely, joined by Elizabeth's 13yr old son Francis Reeve from her previous marriage. Francis remains living with the couple for the 1891 census.
circa 1824, Ely in Cambridgeshire.
17th July 1824 at Holy Trinity, Ely, Cambridgeshire.
- Mary Ann Newell (1829-1868) on 11th May 1845 at St. Mary's Church, Ely, Cambridgeshire.
- Elizabeth Parson (1825-?) on 29th March 1874 at St. Mary's Church, Ely, Cambridgeshire.
- Susanna Cross (1846-1847)
- Sarah Ann Cross (1848-?) married William Martin
- George Cross (1850-1898) married Sabina Steadman Taylor (1858-1916)
- James Cross (1852-?) married Dorcas Pooley (1854-?)
- Eliza Cross (1855-?) married John Lavender (18??-?)
- Hannah Cross (1857-?)
- Elizabeth Cross (1859-?)
- Mary Cross (1862-?)
- John Cross (1864-?)
- Matilda Cross (1866)
- Emily Cross (1866-?) married Heyekiah Bailey (1863-?)
- John William Cross (1876-?)
- 1841: 15yrs, West Fen Road, Ely, Cambridgeshire.
- 1851: 26yrs, Buggs Hill, Ely, Cambridgeshire.
- 1861: Ely census destroyed.
- 1871: 44yrs, St. John's Place, Ely, Cambridgeshire.
- 1881: 55yrs, West End, Ely, Cambridgeshire.
- 1891: 66yrs, West End, Ely, Cambridgeshire.
At West End during July 1897, aged 72 years.
19th July 1897, most likely in Ely cemetery, Cambridgeshire.