Albina Dewey (also known as Bina Dewey) was the fifth of the nine children of John Freeman Dewey and the sixth child with his wife Elizabeth Boulter of Witchford, Cambridgeshire, England.
Albina was a witness to three of her siblings' weddings - Sarah Jane Dewey and Lizzie Dewey both in 1904, and brother Walter Dewey in 1905.
She was bridesmaid with Minnie Anderson for her older sister Sarah and George William Anderson, and is noted by The Cambridge Independent Press as 'They wore pale grey cashmere dresses, white chiffon hats with white feathers and gold brooches, the gift of the bridegroom'. No photographs survived.
By 1911, she is working as a Domestic Servant, and is noted at the house of Margaret Hughes in Chesterton Road. I've yet to locate her in 1901.
By 1927, she is living in St. Barnabas Road, and is joined by her parents, with whom she appears to stay with until her father's death in 1943.
Albina moved to Castle Row in Cambridge, where she lived until her death in 1957.
She never married, nor had any children. She left her estate to her nephew Herbert Percival Dewey.
- 1884 at Witchford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 28th December 1884 at St. Andrew's Church, Witchford, Cambridgeshire, England.
Census and Residence
- 1891: 5yrs, Main Street, Witchford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1901: Not yet located.
- 1911: 26yrs, Highclere, 3 Chesterton Road, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1935-1943: 76 St. Barnabas Road, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1957: 73yrs, 8c Castle Row, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1911: Domestic Servant for Margaret Hughes (Private Means).
- 6th December 1957 at Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England, aged 73 years.
- 11th December 1957 at Cambridge City Crematorium, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England.