- Edward Dewsbury 1770-1836
- Sarah surname unknown 1771-1844
- John Lythell 1772-1830
- Frances Howard 1787-1863
William Lythell Dewsbury
William Lythell Dewsbury was the oldest and 'illegitimate' son of Rebecca Lythell of Stretham, Cambridgeshire. However, in the year of his birth, his mother married Mr William Dewsbury whom it would seem, was the father. The following year, William jnr, is listed with the Dewsbury surname but the year after that, he appears alongside his 'half'-brother, George Dewsbury, as William Lithall, son of Rebecca Lithall.
After this baptism, he appears to continue his life as a Dewsbury. By the time of the 1851 Census, William was "employed in field" with his brother George, whilst the younger children of the family went to school. He continued to work as an Agricultural Labourer, like William Dewsbury Snr and three of his brothers.
He re-appears in 1866 in nearby Witchford where he married Hannah Watson. In the marriage register, he is named as William Lythell Dewsbury, again referencing his Lythell origins but his father is noted as William Dewsbury, labourer.
He is noted as living on East Street, Stretham by the time of the 1891 census with his wife Hannah (born in Witchford) and six of their twelve children.
William predeceased Hannah by 24 years.
1840, Stretham, Cambridgeshire, England.
as William Lithall on 3rd April 1842 at St. Mary's Church, Stretham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Hannah Watson (1846-1929) on 12th June 1866 at St. Andrew's Church, Witchford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- William George Dewsbury (1866-?) married Elizabeth Ann Wright (1866-?)
- Lizzy Dewsbury (1868-1933)
- Emily Dewsbury (1870)
- Emily Ann Dewsbury (1871-1929)
- Walter Dewsbury (1873-1953) married Clara Jane Fuller (1874-1955)
- Annie Dewsbury (1875-1876)
- Alfred Watson Dewsbury (1877-1941) married Eunice Larkins (1881-1979)
- Minnie Dewsbury (1879-1957) married Frederick Burton (1871-1966)
- Ethel Dewsbury (1881-?) married Charles Watts (1881-1949)
- Mabel Dewsbury (1883-?) married Walter Joseph Foster (1881-?)
- Horace Dewsbury (1884-?)
- Wilfred James Dewsbury (1887-1981) married Susan Ann Clarke (18??-19??)
- 1841: 9mths, Pump Lane, Stretham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: 10yrs, Pump Lane, Stretham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1861: 20yrs, Back Street, Stretham, Cambrigeshire, England.
- 1871: Not yet found
- 1881: 40yrs, Front Street, Stretham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1891: 51yrs, 18 East Street, Stretham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1901: 60yrs, Gravel Road, Stretham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: Employed In Field
- 1861, 1881: Agricultural Labourer
- 1891: Labourer
- 1901: Agricultural Labourer
- 1903: Labourer
1905 in Cambridgeshire, England, aged 64 years.