- William Evans 1755-1823
- Elizabeth Chorley 1758-1834
- Ann Evans 17??-?
- Silas Chorley 17??-?
- Sarah 17??-?
Martha was the fifth of the seven children of William Evans and his wife Elizabeth (née Chorley) of Combe Florey in Somerset.
Martha was the second 'Martha Evans', as her older namesake died the year before she was born.
She married labourer Robert Burnell in 1816, and the couple had seven children.
Whilst Robert is noted as a labourer during the census years, Martha's only profession appears on the 1851 census where she is noted as a 'laundress'. It is also at this time, that Martha appears as the head of the household - with her husband away in Stogumber, Somerset visiting another Burnell relative.
Martha outlived her husband by ten years, dying in the June quarter of 1873.
21st June 1795 at Combe Florey, Somerset.
- Robert Burnell (1783-1863) on 4th January 1816 at Combe Florey church, Somerset.
- Samuel Burnell (1816-1875) married Mary Babbidge (1816-1887).
- James Burnell (1819-1833)
- Emily Burnell (1825-1845)
- Caroline Burnell (1828-?)
- Twin Mary Burnell (1832-?) married Andrew Baker (1826-?)
- Twin Joseph Burnell (1832-1834)
- Maria Burnell (1837-?
- 1841: 45yrs, Combe Florey, Somerset, England.
- 1851: 56yrs, Combe Florey, Somerset, England.
- 1861: 66yrs, Combe Florey, Somerset, England.
- 1871: 76yrs, Combe Florey, Somerset, England.
June quarter of 1873, Somerset, England. Aged 78 years.