Mary Ann Freeman
Whilst Mary was born in Prickwillow, Cambridgeshire, her family moved just a few miles north-west, to the village of Witchford, and then to Coveney after her birth.
By the time of the 1851 census, fourteen year old Mary is working as a House Servant at the house of her aunt Mary Ann Freeman and her husband George Moss at Mepal, Cambridgeshire, England.
Mary married Edward Moden of Coveney, Cambridgeshire, and they settled down to have six children before he sadly died in 1867. Four months after his death, she gave birth to their final child (my Great Great Grandfather) and named him Edward.
After a few years, she re-married to David Seymour and the couple, with Mary's Moden children, moved to Green's Farm, Ely. She had two further children with her new husband.
David pre-deceased Mary in 1894, and she survived her daughter Louisa Moden who died in 1897. Mary went to live with her daughters Mary and Elizabeth in Lincolnshire and London respectively.
Due to the range of locations that Mary lived, and the many 'Mary Seymour' deaths between 1911 and 1936, I have not yet been able to identify her death.
- During 1836 at Prickwilow, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 27th June 1836 at Holy Trinity Church, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Edward Moden (1828-1867) on 4th May 1858, at St. Peter-ad-Vincula Church, Coveney, Cambridgeshire, England.
- David Seymour (1839-1894) on 27th March 1871 at St. Peter-ad-Vincula Church, Coveney, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Eliza Jane Moden (1858-1923) married Joseph Brown (1854-1915)
- Mary Ann Moden (1860-?) married Charles H Calthorp (1863-?)
- Louisa Moden (1862-1897) married Henry George Willis (18??-?)
- John Freeman Moden (1863-1941) married Mary Ann Meekins (1859-1886), and later to Sarah Jane Martin (1863-1941)
- Elizabeth Ann Moden (1865-1942) married William Major Boylett (1863-19??)
- Edward Moden (1867-1932) married Mary Ann Cross (1870-1853)
- George Seymour (1871-?)
- Sarah Jane Seymour (1874-1952) married Henry William Gray (1864-?)
Census and Residence
- 1841: 4yrs, Cold Moor Farm, Witchford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: 14yrs, Mepal, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1861: 24yrs, Wardy Hill, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1871: 34yrs, Wardy Hill, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1881: 44yrs, Green's Farm, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1891: 54yrs, Main Street, Coveney, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1901: 64yrs, Coningsley Road, Haltham, Lincolnshire, England.
- 1911: 74yrs, 48 Clarendon Road, West Green, London, England.
- 1851: House Servant for George Moss (Grocer & Draper) at Mepal.
- 1881: Dairy Woman at Green's Farm
- After the 1911 census.
- Not yet known.