- John Gillians
- John Millar
Susan Gillions (or Susannah Gillings as she sometimes appears), was the oldest of the four known children of William Gillions and his wife Elizabeth (née Miller) of Wrestlingworth, Bedfordshire, England.
When Susan was approximately nine years old, her mother died and her father re-married in 1783 to Sara Fielding.
Susan married Edward Gilbert, and the couple seem to have had nine children - all baptised in Abbotsley in neighbouring Huntingdonshire.
In 1805, Edward Gilbert paid Land Tax at Abbotsley, but he did not hold very much land. When Abbotsley was enclosed in 1837, Edward is noted as the occupier of a "house, barn, garden and fruit, the property of Jon Lincoln, rateable value £1.15.0". It is unclear as to whether the enclosures brought hardship to the Gilbert family or whether ailing health caused Edward and Susan to fall upon hard times.
By the time of the 1851 census, Susan and Edward appear at the home of their son-in-law, Thomas Cade where they are noted as lodgers and as paupers. Susan, and Thomas Cade are also noted as both being blind. Mary Cade - Thomas' wife (and Edward and Susan's daughter), is noted as being deaf.
It is most likely that Susan died during July 1859 at Abbotsley.
24th November 1771 at St. Peter's Church, Wrestlingworth, Bedfordshire, England.
- Edward Gilbert (1774-1852) on 2nd March 1795 at St. Mary the Virgin Church, Gamlingay, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Sarah Gilbert (1795-?) married Samuel Haynes
- George Gilbert (1797-?)
- Mary Gilbert (1799-18??) married Thomas Cade (1799-18??)
- Elizabeth Gilbert (1802-?)
- Ellen Gilbert (1804-?) married Joseph Wilson (1804-?)
- William Gilbert (1807-1879) married Elizabeth Brightley (1807-1886)
- Eliza Gilbert (1809-?) married Joseph Tomlin (1809-?)
- John Gilbert (1813-?)
- Frances Gilbert (1818-?) married Daniel Worship (1814-?)
- 1841: 65yrs, Abbotsley, Huntingdonshire, England.
- 1851: 77yrs, Abbotsley, Huntingdonshire, England.
During July 1859 in Abbotsley, Huntingdonshire, England.
24th July 1859 at St. Margaret's Church, Abbotsley, Huntingdonshire, England.