- William Gillions 1730-c.1810
- Elizabeth Miller 1731-1780
- John Gillians
- John Millar
Susan was the oldest of the four known children of William Gillions and his wife Elizabeth (née Miller) of Wrestlingworth, Bedfordshire.
When Susan was approximately nine years old, her mother died. Her father remarried to Sara Fielding in 1783.
Susan married Edward Gilbert of Abbotsley and the couple seem to have had nine children - all baptised in Abbotsley.
In 1805, Edward Gilbert paid Land Tax at Abbotsley but he did not hold very much land. When Abbotsley was enclosed in 1837, Edward is noted as the occupier of a "house, barn, garden and fruit, the property of Jon Lincoln, rateable value £1.15.0". It is unclear as to whether the enclosures brought hardship to the Gilbert family or whether ailing health caused Edward and Susan to fall upon hard times.
By the time of the 1851 census, Susan and Edward appear at the home of their son-in-law, Thomas Cade where they are noted as lodgers and as paupers. Susan, and Thomas Cade are both noted as being blind. Mary Cade - Thomas' wife, and Edward and Susan's daughter, is noted as being deaf.
It is most likely that Susan died during July 1859 at Abbotsley.
24th November 1771, Wrestlingworth, Bedfordshire.
- Edward Gilbert (1774-1852) on 2nd March 1795 at Gamlingay, Cambridgeshire.
- Sarah Gilbert (1795-?)
- George Gilbert (1797-?)
- Mary Gilbert (1799-18??) married Thomas Cade (1799-18??)
- Elizabeth Gilbert (1802-?)
- William Gilbert (1807-1879) married Elizabeth Brightley (1806-?)
- Ellen Gilbert (1808-?)
- Eliza Gilbert (1809-?)
- John Gilbert (1813-?)
- Frances Gilbert (1818-?)
- 1841: 65yrs, Abbotsley, Huntingdonshire, England.
- 1851: 77yrs, Abbotsley, Huntingdonshire, England.
Most likely during July 1859 in Abbotsley, Huntingdonshire.
Most likely on 24th July 1859, Abbotsley, Huntingdonshire.