Thomas Howlett was the sixth of the seven known children of weaver John Howlett and his wife Elizabeth Poll of Wymondham, Norfolk, England.
Thomas married Caroline Clarke, a servant of Littleport, in 1855, and soon afterwards, Caroline fell pregnant with their first child.
Their daughter Elizabeth was born in March 1856, but sadly Thomas died just two years later of '
Just 20 days beforehand, he had been baptised privately aged 23 years, with many of his nieces and nephews.
Thomas died aged 23 years, leaving his young widow with their only child.
Caroline eventually re-married in 1859 to Robert Coe, a labourer from Littleport, earning him the affectionate name of 'Dadda Bob'.
Caroline and Robert did not have any children.
- circa 1835 in Wymondham, Norfolk, England.
- 6th May 1858, aged 23 years and just days from death, with many of his nieces and nephews at St. George's Church, Littleport, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Caroline Clarke (1835-1917) on 25th May 1855 at St. Mary's Church, Mildenhall, Suffolk, England.
Census and Residence
- 1841: 6yrs, Burnt Fen, Lakenheath, Suffolk, England.
- 1851: 16yrs, Burnt Fen, Mildenhall, Suffolk, England.
- 1855-1856: Ag Lab
- 28th May 1858 at Whelpmoor, Littleport, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 31st May 1858 at St. George's Church, Littleport, Cambridgeshire, England.