Elizabeth Jeffery (later Elizabeth Yarrow) was the fourth of the seven known children of Dean Jeffery and Mary Beasley of Market Street, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
She married into the Yarrow family of Little Thetford, after my 4x Great Grandfather, John Yarrow was widowed. He already had two young children and with Elizabeth they added a further four more.
Elizabeth outlived John by almost 40 years, and she appears on numerous censuses as being a farmer and a shopkeeper and publican of "The Wheat Sheaf" in Little Thetford.
At the time of the 1881 census, she is recorded as living at Dainton House - the home of William R Coulbourn, a Late Merchant and Ship Owner, in Bromley, Kent. Elizabeth appears here living with her married daughter Maria and son-in-law Albert Driver, who is living in the Coulbourn house as a coachman. Maria and Albert are shown with two sons.
Her husband was buried with his first wife, Ann Whiten, in Stretham churchyard in 1858, therefore leaving Elizabeth to be buried separately.
Elizabeth left a will, which states the value of her estate as being £46 in 1896. Her son James acted as the executor.
- 1808 in Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 3rd May 1808 at Holy Trinity Church in Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- John Yarrow (1806-1858) on 9th October 1844 at Holy Trinity Church in Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- James Yarrow (1846-1930) married Mary Gothard (1847-1931)
- William Yarrow (1849-1941) married Emma Sarah Dennis (1848-1938)
- Albert Yarrow (1851-1927) married Esther Jane Kennett (1854-1941)
- Maria Ann Yarrow (1853-19??) married Albert Driver (1849-19??)
Census and Residence
- 1841: 30yrs, Market Street, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: 43yrs, The Wheat Sheaf, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1861: 54yrs, Front Street, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1871: 64yrs, General Shop, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1881: 72yrs, Dainton House, Bromley, Kent, England.
- 1891: 82yrs, Front Street, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: Beer Retailer at The Wheat Sheaf (Public House)
- 1861-1871: Shopkeeper and Farmer
- 1891: Own Means
- 4th April 1896, aged 88 years.
- 9th April 1896 at St. George's Church, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.