Daniel Levitt was the third of the nine children of John Levitt and his wife Elizabeth Skeel of Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridgeshire, England.
Daniel worked as a Groom in Swaffham Bulbeck during the 1850s, and it is during this time that he married Mary Ann Hills of Buckden, Cambridgeshire, of whom he married in London during 1856.
Perhaps his earlier work with horses gave him a good footing to eventually become a Coachman, a job he is noted as having on both the 1861 and 1871 censuses whilst living in Eltham, Kent, England.
By 1881, he has moved to Mottingham, and spends at least the next ten years working as a gardener, whilst his wife Mary is working as a Laundress.
- 1830 in Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 26th September 1830 at St. Mary's Church, Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Mary Ann Hills (1838-?) circa February 1856 at Hanover Square Church, Mayfair, London, England.
- George Levitt (1855-?)
- Frederick Levitt (1860-?)
- Eleanor M Levitt (1862-?)
- Arthur Levitt (1865-?)
- Emily Levitt (1867-?)
- Edwin Charles Levitt (1867-?)
- Harriet Levitt (1870-?)
- Ernest William Levitt (1879-?)
Census and Residence
- 1841: 10yrs, Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: 20yrs, Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1861: 30yrs, Elizabeth Terrace, Eltham, Kent, England.
- 1871: 40yrs, Chapel Farm Road, Eltham, Kent, England.
- 1881: 50yrs, 9 Portland Road, Mottingham, Kent, England.
- 1891: 60yrs, 9 Portland Road, Mottingham, Kent, England.
- 1851: Groom
- 1861-1871: Coachman
- 1881-1891: Gardener
- March quarter of 1893 in Kent, England, aged 59 years.
- 1893, location not yet known.