Louisa Moden was the third of the six children of labourer Edward Moden and his wife Mary Ann Freeman of Coveney, Cambridgeshire, England.
When Louisa was five years old, her father died at the age of 38yrs.
Louisa had flown the family nest by the time of her second census in 1881, and was working as a Domestic Servant in Willesden, London. She was 19yrs old and living at the house of Cornelius Sprague, a Woollen Agent, in Alexandra Street.
Louisa married postman Henry George Willis and together the couple settled in Kensington and had at least four children. However, the couple's only daughter named Louisa died when just an infant, and four years later Louisa died aged just 35 years old.
Her death was close to the birth of their final child William, and so I am not yet sure whether her death occurred during or as a result of the birth. Her death certificate may reveal the truth.
Louisa's widower Henry, went on to re-marry to Jessie Tucker.
- 1862 at Coveney, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 6th April 1862 at St. Peter-ad-Vincula Church, Coveney, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Henry George Willis (18??-?) during November 1887 at Kensington, London, England.
- John Henry Willis (1889-?)
- Louisa Reeves Willis (1891-1893)
- Ernest Edward Willis (1895-?) married Gertrude Elizabeth Norah Goddard (18??-?)
- William Willis (1897-?)
Census and Residence
- 1871: 9yrs, Wardy Hill, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1881: 19yrs, 49 Alexandra Road, Willesden, London, England.
- 1891: 29yrs, 54 Rackham Street, Kensington, London, England.
- 1881: Domestic Servant for Cornelius Sprague (Woolen Agent)
- Circa August 1897 at Kensington district of London, England, aged 35 years.
- Not yet known.