- Robert Newell 1804-1855
- Ann Atkin 1808-1869
- Francis Newell 17??-?
- Mary Haylock 17??-?
Mary Ann Newell
Mary Ann Newell was the oldest of the nine known children of Robert Newell, a labourer and his wife Ann Atkin of Bugg's Hill (Cambridge Road), Ely, Cambridgeshire.
Mary married Jacob Cross in 1845, who was noted at the time to be a labourer of "Smock Alley" (later renamed as Barton Road, where their Grandchildren would continue to live) in Ely, Cambridgeshire. The couple went on to have eleven children.
Jacob remarried after Mary Ann's death.
1829, Ely in Cambridgeshire.
22nd March 1829 at St. Mary's church, Ely, Cambridgeshire.
- Jacob Cross (1824-1897) on 11th May 1845 at St. Mary's Church, Ely, Cambridgeshire.
- Susanna Cross (1846-1847)
- Sarah Ann Cross (1848-?) married William Martin
- George Cross (1850-1898) married Sabina Steadman Taylor (1858-1916)
- James Cross (1852-?) married Dorcas Pooley (1854-?)
- Eliza Cross (1855-?) married John Lavender (18??-?)
- Hannah Cross (1857-?)
- Elizabeth Cross (1859-?)
- Mary Cross (1862-?)
- John Cross (1864-?)
- Matilda Cross (1866)
- Emily Cross (1866-?) married Heyekiah Bailey (1863-?)
1868, Ely, Cambridgeshire.
9th May 1868 with a service at St. Mary's Church in Ely, Cambridgeshire.