Ella Ada Newman
Ella Ada Newman (later Ella Ada Haylock) was the youngest of the thirteen children of Alfred Newman and his wife Harriet Cooper of Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
Ella was a qualified and registered Nurse #42678, registered on 19 Mar 1926 at London, after qualifying at Dudley Road Hospital, Birmingham, 1922-1925 and passing her exam.
Later that same year, she married William Haylock of Ely, in a ceremony in Birmingham.
Ella and William became parents to three children.
William pre-deceased Ella by just under four years. Their youngest child, son Brian, died prematurely two years later aged 30 years.
- During 1897 at Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- William George Haylock (1892-1958) on 30th August 1926 at Sparkbrook, Birmingham, Warwickshire, England.
- Joan Ella Haylock (1927-?)
- Ronald Haylock (1930-1999)
- Brian Patrick Haylock (1934-1964)
Census and Residence
- 1901: 3yrs, Bull Lane, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1911: 13yrs, Willow Walk, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1922-1925: Student Nurse at Dudley Road Hospital at Birmingham.
- 1926: Nurse #42678
- During January 1962 at RAF Hospital, Lynn Road, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 24th January 1962 in Grave CB2.164 with her husband at Ely City Cemetery, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.