- William Tall 1764-?
- Esther James
- William Tall
- Mary Westwood
Avis was the second of the four children of William Tall and his wife Esther (née James) of Littleport, Cambridgeshire.
In 1812 she married Robert Martin of Little Downham and together they went on to have approximately six children.
In 1826, her husband died, aged just 41. The following year, she re-married to Mr James Wisbe/Wisby of Little Downham.
By 1830, the couple appear in the parish church at the baptism of their son Henry and appear again on census night in 1841 as living at Oxlode/100ft Bank in the fenland just North of Little Downham.
After James Wisbey's death (date unknown), Avis moved to Second Drove, Little Downham and lived near to her son's family until her death in 1858.
28th November 1790, St. George's Church, Littleport, Cambridgeshire.
- Robert Martin (1785-1826) on 3rd February 1812 at Wiggenhall, St Mary Magdelen church, Norfolk.
- William Martin (1813-1826)
- James Martin (1814-1868) married Mary Ann Moxon (1825-1844) and Mary Tingey (1820-1883)
- Sarah Martin (1818-?)
- Elizabeth Martin (1820-1822)
- Robert Martin (1822-182?)
- Robert Martin (1824-?) married Ann Ablett (1823-?)
- Henry Wisby (1830-?) married Sarah Willson (18??-?)
3rd August 1858, Second Drove, Little Downham, aged 70 years.
Cause of Death:
"Natural Decay - certified"
6th August 1858 at Little Downham, Cambridgeshire.