- Not yet known
- Not yet known
Elizabeth Wright was born in approximately 1779. Her place and date of birth are unconfirmed, but she was probably the daughter of William Wright and his wife Alice (née Cave) of Mepal, Cambridgeshire, England.
Elizabeth's birth is not certain, partly due to the inconsistent information about her death and death age. However, there is an Elizabeth Wright baptised in Mepal on 13th June 1779 - the daughter of William and Alice Wright. If Elizabeth died in 1837 (rather than 1838 or 1839) and was 58yrs (rather than 50) then the dates would sit correctly.
The Little Thetford marriage register does not reveal any parents or witnesses of her surname and so this is only an assumption based on available evidence.
Elizabeth's gravestone with her husband William notes her as dying on Nov 25th 1839 aged 58 years. However, the Stretham Burials transcript notes her being buried on 1st Dec (credible) but in 1837, aged 58.
As the Yarrows lived in Little Thetford, I have checked the records there too and whilst there is nothing for William, there is an entry on 23rd Nov (2 days early) in 1837 (2 years too early!) that reads "Yarrow Elizabeth otp 50 wife of William farmer died in London was carried home and buried at Stretham".
There are no other Stretham burials, unless Stretham church did not record the entry (as the above had already been written in the Little Thetford burial register).
Checking FreeBMD shows only 1 Elizabeth Yarrow death in St Pancras, but thatís in 1838 and is for an 11 month old child.
When did Elizabeth die? - it was certainly before the 1841 census.
Possibly 1779, Mepal, Cambridgeshire, England.
Possibly 13th June 1779 at St. Mary's Church, Mepal, Cambridgeshire, England.
- William Yarrow (1778-1848) on 21st October 1800 at St. George's Church, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Elizabeth Yarrow (1803-?)
- Mary Yarrow (1804-1856) married Owen Owen (1802-1849).
- John Yarrow (1806-1858) married Ann Whiten (1809-1843) and later to Elizabeth Jeffery (1808-1895)
- Ann Yarrow (1807-1843)
- James Yarrow (1810-1863) married Charlotte Lister (1816-1900)
- William Yarrow (1812-1884) married Sarah Morden (1816-1865)
- Ann Yarrow (1813-?) married William Pavett
- James Yarrow (1814-?)
- Sarah Yarrow (1814-1865) married William Hill (1818-?).
- Maria Yarrow (1817-1901) married Owen Owen (1815-1888).
- Susan Yarrow (1821-1886)
Somewhere between 23rd November 1837 and 25th November 1839, aged between 50 and 58 years. Possibly whilst in London.
Burial registers at St. George's Church, Little Thetford, and St. Mary's Church, Stretham, Cambridgeshire, England, both record a burial for her. The Little Thetford date is 23rd November 1837, although a headstone for her and her husband stands in Stretham churchyard, Cambridgeshire, where its register states 1st December 1837.