John Babbage's earliest known appearance is in 1809 when he appears in the marriage register at Ashbrittle, Somerset, England, when he marries Ann Norman.
John and Ann are known to have had at least six children - all daughters - before John dies.
John's widow Ann appears on the 1841 census, and can be found on her next two censuses living with their two youngest daughters Martha and Elizabeth.
- 25th December 1784 at Wellington, Somerset, England.
- 10th December 1786 at the Lower Meeting, Independent Chapel, Wellington, Somerset, England.
- Ann Norman (1786-1874) on 12th April 1809 at St. John the Baptist Church, Ashbrittle, Somerset, England.
- Mary Babbage (1815)
- Mary Babbage (1817-1887) married Samuel Burnell (1816-1875)
- Susanna Babbage (1821-?)
- Sarah Babbage (1824-1833)
- Martha Babbage (1827-?)
- Elizabeth Babbage (1829-1894) married John Saturley (1830-1897)
- 1809: Labourer
- Before the 1841 census.
- Location not yet known.