The parents of Henry Bowers currently remains a mystery but the earliest record of him is in 1832 where, at Wicken Church, he married Ann Bailey, also of Wicken.
The couple went on to have at least eight children and they appear on the 1841 census as living at Northup Corner, Wicken with six of their children. Just six years later in 1847, Henry had died of "consumption", otherwise known as the deadly tuberculosis (or TB).
His widow, Ann, remarried to Jackson Layton, a widower of Burwell and the couple had further children whilst living at Guinea Hall. Henry pre-deceased his wife by 50 years.
1812, location unknown.
- Ann Bailey (1811-1897) on 27th October 1832 at Wicken Church, Cambridgeshire.
- Emily Bowers (1833-?) married John Cropley (1828-?)
- Isaac Bowers (1835-1863) married Mary Ann Houghton (1834-1872)
- Mary Bowers (1836-?) married Robert Hinkens (1831-?)
- Elizabeth Bowers (1838-?) married Joseph Ely (1835-?)
- Maurice Bowers (1840-1921) married Eleanor Lyddon (c.1842-?)
- Sarah Bowers (1841-1920) married George Farby (1839-1920)
- Ann Bowers (1843-1889) married James Simpson Bishop (1842-1901).
- Eliza Bowers (1846-?)
22nd February 1847 at Wicken, aged 35yrs
26th February 1847, Wicken Cambridgeshire.