Thomas Markham's parents are not yet confirmed, but he may have been baptised in 1765 at Chesterton in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England.
Thomas married Susannah Pedley when he was about 25 years old at Waterbeach, a few miles north of Cambridge, and the couple set up home here to have at least four children.
In 1841, with their children now fully grown, the couple can be found in their 70s, living on Winfold Street. This was to be their first and last census.
Thomas died just six weeks later in July 1841, and his widow Susannah followed him to the grave about 4 and a half years later.
- Circa 1765 seemingly in Chesterton, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Susannah Pedley (1765-1845) on 20th November 1788 at the Church of St. John the Evangelist, Waterbeach, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Elizabeth Markham (1789-?)
- Ellen Markham (1791-1856) married William Dewey (1791-1865)
- James Markham (1795-18??) married Mary (1802-?)
- Henry Markham (1798-18??) married Elizabeth Ceats (17??-18??)
Census and Residence
- 1841: 78yrs, Winfold Street, Waterbeach, Cambridgeshire, England.
- July 1841 at Witchford, Cambridgeshire, England, aged 78 years.
- 25th July 1841 at the Church of St. John the Evangelist, Waterbeach, Cambridgeshire, England.