George Edward Moden
He married Lily Dewey (a cousin of his brother-in-law, Ernest Edward Thomas Dewey) at Wentworth, Cambridgeshire. George and Lily went on to have two children and they lived on Cambridge Road in Ely, before moving round the corner to Barton Road.
George worked nearby as a Milkman at Barton Farm in Ely for 40 years.
Unlike previous generations of Moden sons, it seemed that George had bucked the trend of naming the first-born son 'Edward'. However, in 2004 I discovered that he'd had an older brother named Edward. Sadly, Edward died prematurely at just 4hrs old in 1894.
Lily pre-deceased George in 1983, and he continued to live at his Barton Road address with his daughter until his death in November 1998.
- 13th February 1905 at Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Lily Dewey (1903-1983) on 13th August 1929 at St. Peter's Church, Wentworth, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Kathleen Rosemary Moden (1931-2011)
Census and Residence
- 1911: 6yrs, Cambridge Road, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1929: 24yrs, 87 Cambridge Road, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1929: Milkman for Barton Farm, in Ely
- 20th November 1998 at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England, aged 93 years.
- 26th November 1998 at City Of Ely Cemetery, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.