Mary Ann Moden
Mary Ann Moden (later Mary Ann Boulter) was second of the fifteen known children of labourer Thomas Moden and his wife Rebecca Clements of the fenland village Haddenham and later of Wentworth in Cambridgeshire, England.
Mary Ann was baptised twice - once at Haddenham in 1833, and then again with two of her sisters in 1839, when the family had moved to nearby Wentworth. The Wentworth parish register notes that 'these children may have been baptised in Haddenham, but that no record was found'. However, with the luxury of now being able to easily see these two parish sets of records, it shows that they were indeed baptised in both parishes.
At the time of the 1851 census, Mary Ann is noted as a 'House Servant' along with her sister Jane. Both are still within Wentworth, but noted as living at the house of Mr. Haird Bull, a Farmer.
Mary Ann married Robert Boulter, an agricultural labourer of Wentworth, and the couple went on to live at Grunty Fen Lane in Wentworth and they had ten known children.
After Robert's father's death, his mother Ann lived with them until her death.
Robert pre-deceased Mary in May 1875, just four months after her mother's death. Mary went on to out-live him by 28 years, and can be found living with her son Thomas Boulter on the 1901 census. She died two years later.
- Circa 1833 at Haddenham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 3rd March 1833 at Holy Trinity Church, Haddenham, Cambridgeshire, England, and again on 10th November 1839 with her sisters Esther Moden, Martha Moden, and Jane Moden at St. Peter's Church, Wentworth, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Robert Boulter (1825-1875) on 12th October 1852 at St. Peter's Church, Wentworth, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Elizabeth Boulter (1854-1903) married John Freeman Dewey (1856-1943)
- Mary Jane Boulter (1855-1945) married William Andrews (1859-?)
- Emily Boulter (1857)
- Robert Boulter (1859-1943) married Emily Amelia Clements (1856-1939)
- William Boulter (1861-1949) married Frances Sophia Powers (1857-1949)
- Thomas Boulter (1863-1928)
- Emily Boulter (1866-1959) married Fred Dewey (1873-1932)
- Ann Boulter (1869-1939) married James McKenham (18??-?)
- Sarah Boulter (1871-?) married John Parson Whetstone (1870-?)
- Martha Boulter (1875)
Census and Residence
- 1841: 8yrs, Wentworth, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: 18yrs, Main Street, Wentworth, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1861: 28yrs, Grunty Fen Lane, Wentworth, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1871: 38yrs, Wentworth, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1881: 49yrs, Street, Wentworth, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1891: 58yrs, Main Street, Wentworth, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1901: 70yrs, Club Cottages, Wentworth, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: House Servant for Haird Bull (Farmer) of Wentworth
- December 1903 in Wentworth, Cambridgeshire, England, aged '74' years.
- 10th December 1903 at St. Peter's Church, Wentworth, Cambridgeshire, England.