James Yarrow was the second of the three children of James Yarrow and his wife Mary Gothard of Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
James married Adelaide Bishop, a School Teacher from Wicken, Cambridgeshire in 1896 at Little Thetford. They went on to have 15 known children (although my Gt. Grandmother believed that there were another 6 who died young).
The family moved in 1899 to Wilburton and lived in the Wilburton Station Cottages where James became Station Master for the Great Eastern Railway (GER).
In the later wartime years, the family moved to Wilburton old Vicarage - The Lodge, which still exists today with its stunning views across the fenland.
James pre-deceased his wife by 19 years, and died on his 71st birthday.
- 1st May 1875 at Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 30th May 1875 at St. George's Church, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Adelaide Bishop (1877-1965) on 20th October 1896 at St. George's Church, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Adelaide Mary Yarrow (1897-1984) married Leonard Frederick Plumb (1895-1953) and later to Samuel Spencer Ambrose (1894-1961).
- Ada Yarrow (1898-1977) married John Lavender Haylock (1900-1974)
- Maude Yarrow (1899-2004) married Ernest Herbert Barber (1902-1985)
- Jessie Yarrow (1900-1997) married Leslie Robert Ling (1906-1996)
- George James Yarrow (1901)
- George Owen Yarrow (1903-1996) married Olive Maud Palmer (1900-1977)
- Albert James Yarrow (1905-1983)
- Sidney Yarrow (1906-1909)
- John Yarrow (1908-1988) married Dorothy Amelia Butcher (1914-1999)
- Frank Yarrow (1909-2010) married Gladys Lythell (1913-1992)
- Agnes Yarrow (1911-2013) married Jack Langley (1913-1988)
- William Maurice Yarrow (1913-2001) married Ethel Stott
- Catherine Yarrow (1914-2012) married Jesse Langley (1916-1991)
- Lois Margaret Yarrow (1917-2003)
- Winifred Joan Yarrow (1919-2006)
Census and Residence
- 1881: 5yrs, Front Street, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1891: 15yrs, Front Street, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1901: 25yrs, The Vineyards, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1911: 35yrs, Railway Cottages, Station Road, Wilburton, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1891: Employed by father (Farmer)
- 1901, 1909, 1911, 1915: Signalman at Wilburton Station for Great Eastern Railway (GER)
- 1st May 1946 (his birthday) at The Lodge, Wilburton, Cambridgeshire, England, aged 71yrs.
- 8th May 1946 at Wilburton Cemetery, Wilburton, Cambridgeshire, England, with his wife Adelaide.