Harriet appears as a domestic servant on the 1891 census for Islington, London, living at the house of Edwin Edey, a Bookseller.
It wasn't long until Harriet returned to her native Cambridgeshire where she married Horace Gateson in 1896 at Haddenham, but sadly she died in 1900 leaving behind her 27 year old husband and their three children - aged between 4 and 1.
Her widower Horace re-married in 1911 to a Phoebe Gibbs.
- 1873 at Priory Farm, Burwell, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 6th July 1873 at St. Lawrence's Church, Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Horace Gateson (1873-1949) on 31st March 1896 at Holy Trinity Church, Haddenham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Ada Elizabeth Gateson (1896-?)
- Percy Gateson (1897-1917)
- Charles Henry Gateson (1898-1986)
Census and Residence
- 1881: 7yrs, High Street, Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1891: 17yrs, 7 Barnsbury Square, Islington, London, England.
- 1891: Domestic Servant for Edwin Edey (Bookseller) in Islington, London, England.
- February 1900 at Haddenham, Cambridgeshire, England, aged 26 years.
- 28th February 1900 at Holy Trinity Church, Haddenham, Cambridgeshire, England.