James Simpson Bishop
James was the second of the couple's children to be named James Simpson Bishop, with his older brother died when only a few weeks old in the summer of 1866.
He returns within the next five years, and then marries Elizabeth Delph. The couple settle down to become parents at least five times.
By the time of the 1891 census, 23 year old James is working as a Railway Labourer in Nottinghamshire, and is living with his widowed aunt Louisa Mason.
The couples' daughter Edith married her cousin, the youngest son of James' younger sister Mary Ann Bishop
James pre-deceased his wife Elizabeth by just a few months in late 1954.
- 1868 at Fordham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 17th May 1868 with his sisters Emily Bishop, Ann Bishop, and Eliza Louise Bishop, at St. Lawrence's Church, Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Elizabeth Delph (1876-1955) during 1896 in the Newmarket District of Cambridgeshire, England.
- Emily Bishop (1896-?)
- Mildred Harriet Bishop (1898-19??)
- John James Bishop (1900-1975) married Elsie May S Marchant (19??-?)
- George Bishop (1902-?)
- Edith Annie Bishop (1910-2004) married Percy James Rayment (1908-1975)
Census and Residence
- 1871: 3yrs, Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1881: 13yrs, High Street, Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1891: 23yrs, 42 George Street, Hucknall Torkard, Nottinghamshire, England.
- 1901: 33yrs, 4 Hillside Terrace, Exning, Suffolk, England.
- 1911: 43yrs, Phantom Cottages, Chippenham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1891: Railway Labourer
- 1901: Navvy on Drainage
- 1911: Groom and Gardener
- During the December quarter of 1954 in the March District of Cambridgeshire, England, aged 86 years.
- Location not yet known.