Uriah Edward Cross
Uriah Edward Cross (also known as Edward Cross or Edward Uriah Cross) was the oldest of the ten known children of Uriah Cross and his wife Emily Edwards of Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
Uriah worked in agriculture in and around Ely, initially as a labourer, but eventually he became a Grocer and Farmer.
He married Jane Wilson, and the couple settled down to raise a family, seeing them becoming parents 10 times. Sadly though, their second and fourth children (William and Kate) both died in infancy.
Uriah outlived his wife Jane by about two years, and died at home just two days after his 88th birthday.
- 1st February 1852 in Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 29th February 1852 at Holy Trinity Church, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Jane Wilson (1853-1938) on 29th July 1874 at Holy Trinity Church, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Arthur Edward Cross (1875-1951) married Alice Maud Purdy (1873-?)
- William Cross (1877)
- William Wilson Cross (1878-1955)
- Kate Cross (1881-1882)
- Mabel Cross (1883-1961)
- Ernest Edward Cross (1885-1955) married Agnes Horn (1888-19??)
- Kate Cross (1886-1959)
- Harold Cross (1870-1963)
- Mary Cross (1892-1971)
- Emily Jane Cross (1893-1963)
Census and Residence
- 1861: Ely census destroyed
- 1871: 19yrs, Queen Adelaide, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1881: 29yrs, Queen Adelaide, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1891: 39yrs, Mildenhall Road, Littleport, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1901: 49yrs, Manor Farm, Cranwich, Norfolk, England.
- 1911: 59yrs, Cranwich, Norfolk, England.
- 1871: Farmer's Labourer
- 1881: Grocer and Farmer
- 1891-1912: Farmer
- 3rd February 1940 at Manor Farm, Cranwich, Norfolk, England, aged 88 years.
- February 1940, location not yet known.