Elizabeth married James Gilbert of Abbotsley, Huntingdonshire, and the couple settled there and became parents to eight children.
James died in 1747, just three years after the birth of their youngest child. This left Elizabeth as a widow at 40 years old with 8 children children to care for.
During 1767, it is noted that she held land of a Mr. Robert Edsope, and paid him a land tax of £1 and 19 shillings.
Elizabeth outlived James by almost 31 years, dying in April 1778, aged 71.
- circa 1707 in Potton, Bedfordshire, England.
- 27th May 1707 at St. Mary the Virgin Church, Potton, Bedfordshire, England.
- James Gilbert (1702-1747) on 5th January 1725 by licence at St. Mary the Virgin Church, Potton, Bedfordshire, England.
- Elizabeth Gilbert (1726-?)
- James Gilbert (1728-1778) married Ann Longstaff (17??-?)
- Mary Gilbert (1731-?)
- Jane Gilbert (1734-?) married William Pentlow (17??-?)
- John Gilbert (1736-1807) married Mary Peck (17??-1805)
- Anne Gilbert (1739-?) married William Peters (17??-?)
- Sarah Gilbert (1741-?)
- Joseph Gilbert (1744-?) married Mary Dixcey (17??-?)
Census and Residence
- 1767: Abbosley, Huntingdonshire, England.
- April 1778 at Abbotsley, Huntingdonshire, England.
- 27th April 1778 at St. Margaret's Church, Abbotsley, Huntingdonshire, England.