- Robert Burnell 1783-1863
- Martha Evans 1795-1873
- John Shore Babbage 1783-1868
- Rebecca Vodden 1790-?
George Burnell was one of the eleven children of Samuel Burnell and his wife Mary Babbidge of Combe Florey of Somerset.
The earliest record that I have of George is his appearance on the 1851 census for Combe Florey in Somerset. Here he is listed with his parents and siblings, aged just 10 months old. His next appearance is his marriage certificate from 1880 which notes that his father (Samuel) was deceased and that George was living and working as a servant at 46 Abbey Road in North West London (Marylebone). Also living at the same address was Mary Ann Barker, to whom he married in May 1880.
After his fourth known child (all daughters) was born in 1888, George took the family to Dunstable, Bedfordshire, where Mary Ann gave birth to their first son, William. Sadly it was here that George met an untimely end in 1891 aged 41 years as the publican of The Royal Oak Inn.
By the end of that year, his widow, had given birth to their final child, Florence Ellen Burnell and she had moved the family to Littleport, Cambridgeshire.
7th May 1850, Combe Florey, Somerset.
- Mary Ann Barker (1854-?) on 9th May 1880 at All Saint's Church, St. John's Wood, Marylebone, Middlesex (now London).
- Beatrice Annie Burnell (1881-?)
- Lillie Burnell (1885-?)
- Daisy Burnell (1885-1952) married Herbert Martin (1884-1917) and later to Reuben Shelton (1881-1954)
- Rose Ellen Burnell (1888-?) married John Edward Hawkins.
- William Burnell (1889-?) married Rachel.
- Florence Ellen Burnell (1891-1980) married Reuben Harrison (1886-1975)
- 1851: 10mths, Combe Florey, Somerset, England.
- 1861: 10yrs, Poor Houses, Combe Florey, Somerset, England.
- 1871: 21yrs, Cottage, Combe Florey, Somerset, England.
- 1881: 30yrs, 37 Palmerston Road, London, Middlesex, England.
- 1891: 39yrs, 1 Royal Oak Inn, Church Street, Dunstable, Bedfordshire, England.
4th June 1891, aged 41 years, at The Royal Oak Inn, Church Street, Dunstable, Bedfordshire.
Cause of Death:
"Chronic pneumonia (for years) and Acute Rheumatism (1 month)"
presumably Dunstable, Bedfordshire.