Ellen was one of two Markerham children born in Waterbeach, just a few miles north of Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.
She married William Dewey of Witchford, Cambridgeshire and the couple appear on the 1841 Census as "Dewy" (a common variant of the name) at Witchford with the three youngest of their five children. By the time of the 1851 Census, the couple are alone and living at Witchford Main Street. It is noted that William was too ill to work and was consequently receiving parish relief.
Ellen predeceased William by nine years in 1856.
1791 at Waterbeach, Cambridgeshire.
- William Dewey (1791-1865) 17th November 1812 at Witchford, Cambridgeshire.
- Thomas Dewey (1813-?)
- William Dewey (1815-1887) married Mary Tabraham (1816-1866)
- James Dewey (1817-?) married Eliza Norton (1825-?)
- Henry Dewey (1820-1879) married Esther Moden (1831-?)
- Mary Dewey (1822-?) married John Whetstone (1821-?)
- Joseph Dewey (1825-1904) married Elizabeth Gray (1835-1916)
August 1856 at Witchford, Cambridgeshire, aged 65 years.
31st August 1856 at Witchford churchyard, Cambridgeshire.