Edward Moden was the youngest of the six children of Edward Moden and his wife Mary Ann Freeman of Coveney, Cambridgeshire, England.
Edward was born in September 1867, four months after his father had died at the age of just 38yrs.
His mother Mary Ann re-married a few years later to David Seymour of Green's Farm in Ely, prompting the family to re-locate to Ely. Edward went on to become a Horse Keeper on Barton Farm, Ely.
Edward married Mary Ann Cross of Ely and the couple settled down to become parents seven times, however, their second daughter Grace (born 1891) and their oldest son Edward (born 1894) both died in their infancy.
The existence of Edward junior was not discovered and revealed to modern descendants until 2004. He had died at just 4 hours old, born prematurely and died from an under-inflated/under-developed lung.
By 1911, Edward is noted as a Yard Milkman, a role that his son George is noted as having in 1929, and held for 40 years.
Edward pre-deceased his wife by 21 years, and is buried alone in Ely City Cemetery.
- 10th September 1867 at Coveney, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 10th November 1867 at St. Peter-ad-Vincula Church, Coveney, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Mary Ann Cross (1870-1953) on 2nd August 1890 at St. Mary's Church, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Mary Ann Moden (1890-1970) married Jonathan Adair Tingay (1892-1969)
- Grace Elizabeth Moden (1891-1892)
- Vine Elizabeth Moden (1893-1980) married Frederick Herbert Henry Newell (1900-1961)
- Edward Moden (1894)
- Susan Jane Moden (1896-1981) married Ernest Edward Thomas Dewey (1896-1991)
- Grace Violet Moden (1902-1958)
- George Edward Moden (1905-1998) married Lily Dewey (1903-1983)
Census and Residence
- 1871: 3yrs, Wardy Hill, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1881: 13yrs, Green's Farm, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1891: 22yrs, Low Lane, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1901: 32yrs, The Eagle and Lamb Public House, Cambridge Road, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1911: 42yrs, Cambridge Road, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1881: Farm Labourer
- 1901: Corn Miller's Labourer
- 1911: Horsekeeper and Yard Milkman
- 22nd April 1932 at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England, aged 64 years.
- 26th April 1932 by himself in grave F542[C], at Ely City Cemetery, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.