Edward Moden of Ely.
Edward Moden was the youngest of the six child of labourer Edward Moden, and his wife Mary Ann (née Freeman) of Coveney, Cambridgeshire, England.
Edward was born in September 1867, four months after his father had died at the age of 38yrs.
Mary Ann Freeman re-married to David Seymour of Green's Farm in Ely. Edward went on to become a horse keeper on Barton Farm, Ely.
He married Mary Ann Cross of Ely and the couple had seven children.
Tragically, their second daughter Grace (born 1891) and their oldest son Edward (born 1894) both died in their infancy. The existence of Edward junior was not discovered until 2004. He had died at just 4 hours old, born prematurely and died from Atelectasis (an under inflated/developed lung).
10th September 1867 at Coveney in Cambridgeshire, England.
10th December 1867 at Coveney in Cambridgeshire, England.
- Mary Ann Cross (1870-1953) on 2nd August 1890 at St. Mary's Church, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Mary Ann Moden (1890-1970) married Jonathan Adair Tingey (1893-1969)
- Grace Elizabeth Moden (1891-1892)
- Vine Elizabeth Moden (1893-1980) married Frederick H. H. Newell (1900-1961)
- Edward Moden (1894)
- Susan Jane Moden (1896-1981) married Ernest Edward Thomas Dewey (1896-1991)
- Grace Violet Moden (1902-1958)
- George Edward Moden (1905-1998) married Lily Dewey (1903-1983)
- 1871: 3yrs, Wardy Hill, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1881: 13yrs, Green's Farm, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1891: 22yrs, Low Lane, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1901: 32yrs, The Eagle and Lamb, Cambridge Road, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1911: 42yrs, Cambridge Road, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
22nd April 1932 at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England. Aged 64 years.
26th April 1932 on his own in Ely Cemetery, Cambridgeshire, England.