John Yarrow was the fourth of the eight children of Thomas Yarrow, and his first wife Susan Cockerton of Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
John was a twin, but sadly his twin sister Elizabeth Yarrow failed to thrive, and died when she was about 8 months old.
John married Mary Rayner in 1777, when he was about 33 years old. Mary and John settled down to become parents eight times, although their son Thomas died when he was aged 11 in 1802.
It's not clear whether Mary pre-deceased John, but there are conflicting burial registers - with both parish churches at Little Thetford and at Stretham recording his burial on Christmas Day 1812.
- circa 1744 at Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1st April 1744 at St. George's Church, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Mary Rayner (1756-?) on 9th July 1777 at St. George's Church, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- William Yarrow (1778-1848) married Elizabeth Wright (1779-1837)
- John Yarrow (1781-?)
- Daniel Yarrow (1783-1815) married Sarah Dennis (17??-?)
- James Yarrow (1786-1855) married Phoebe Pope (1793-1871)
- Mary Yarrow (1789-?) married William Manning (17??-?)
- Thomas Yarrow (1791-1802)
- Flowers Yarrow (1793-1821)
- Francis Yarrow (1796-1858) married Anne Langford (1796-1880)
Census and Residence
- 1812: 56yrs, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1812: Farmer.
- 1st December 1812 in Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England, aged 56 years.
- According to parish records, John was buried on 25th December 1812 at both St. George's Church, Little Thetford, and neighbouring St. James' Church, Stretham, Cambridgeshire, England.