William married Elizabeth Wright of Mepal by License, Cambridgeshire, and the couple appear to have had eleven children, although if you go by the parish registers but you'll notice that there appears to have been missing burials for the first James and Ann children.
Like his father, and his brothers Francis Yarrow and James Yarrow, James worked as a farmer in the agricultural land surrounding his native Little Thetford. It is here in 1851 that he is noted as farming 133 acres and employing 5 men and 2 boys.
Their youngest daughter, Susan Yarrow, is noted on various censuses as being "handicapped" or "suffers from fits", and lived for most of her life with her brother John Yarrow and his family until her death in 1886. I would imagine that this may have been epilepsy.
William's wife pre-deceased him in November 1837 whilst in London. It appears that she died whilst visiting their daughter Mary, although is incorrectly noted as 'Elizabeth Yerroll' in death records. She was returned to Stretham, where she was buried.
By the 1841 census, widower William is noted as a "Farmer" and he is listed as living with his two daughters - Sarah and Susan.
- Circa 1778 in Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 24th May 1778 at St. George's Church, Little Thetford in Cambridgeshire, England.
- Elizabeth Wright (1779-1837) on 21st October 1800 at St. George's Church, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Elizabeth Yarrow (1803-?)
- Mary Yarrow (1804-1856) married Owen Owen (1802-1849)
- John Yarrow (1806-1858) married Ann Whiten (1809-1843), and later to Elizabeth Jeffery (1808-1896)
- Ann Yarrow (1807-18??)
- James Yarrow (1810-181?)
- William Yarrow (1812-1884) married Sarah Morden (1816-1865)
- Ann Yarrow (1813-1884) married William Pavett (18??-?)
- James Yarrow (1814-1863) married Charlotte Lister (1816-1900)
- Sarah Yarrow (1814-18??) married William Hill (1818-?)
- Maria Yarrow (1817-1901) married Owen Owen (1815-1888)
- Susan Yarrow (1821-1886)
Census and Residence
- 1841: 60yrs, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1841-1844: Farmer
- 3rd August 1848 at Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England, aged 70 years.
- 5th August 1848 with his wife Elizabeth at St. James's Church, Stretham, Cambridgeshire, England. View Grave at FindAGrave.com.