- John Gilbert 1736-?
- Mary Peck 17??-?
- William Gillions 1730s-1810
- Elizabeth Miller 1731-1780
William was the fifth child of farmer Edward Gilbert and his wife Susan (née Gillions) of Abbotsley, Huntingdonshire (now Cambridgeshire).
He married Elizabeth Brightle of Littleport in 1828 and the couple went on to have twelve children. Both were noted as being illiterate at the time of their marriage.
It appears that his marriage is what brought William to Littleport. The couple lived at Burth Chimney Drove, Littleport where they had a farm. He is noted on the censuses from 1841 through to 1871, being a farmer of 20 acres in 1851, 40 acres in 1861 and 1871.
He died of old age in 1879 with Elizabeth outliving him. She appears later on the 1881 census at the same address living with their son, James Gilbert.
1807, Abbotsley, Cambridgeshire.
4th January 1807 at Abbotsley church, Cambridgeshire.
- Elizabeth Brightley (1810-?) on 25th January 1828 at St. George's Church, Littleport, Cambridgeshire.
- Jane Gilbert (1828-?) married Joseph Jackson and later to George Merrell
- Sarah Gilbert (1830-?) married David Norman
- Joseph Gilbert (1833-1833)
- Elizabeth Gilbert (1836-1849)
- Ann Gilbert (1838-?) married William Drake (1820-?)
- Mary Gilbert (1841-?)
- William Gilbert (1844-1852)
- Martha Gilbert (1846-?) married Golden Fletcher
- James Gilbert (1848-1916) married Elizabeth Howlett (1856-1916)
- Elizabeth Gilbert (1850-?) married James Brightley
- Susan Gilbert (1852-?)
- William Gilbert (1855-1856)
25th March 1879, Westmoor, Littleport, Cambridgeshire. Aged 76 years, in the company of his son James Gilbert.
Cause of Death:
1. Old Age, 2. General Debility - certified by W. B. Hunter.
28th March 1879, Littleport, Cambridgeshire.