Mary Nicholas (later Mary Irons) was the fourth of at least five children of Thomas Nicholas and his wife Mary Hayes of Little Downham in Cambridgeshire, England.
In 1742, Mary married Joseph Irons in 1742, and the couple soon started a family in Little Downham - raising six children. However, their fourth child - daughter Sarah Irons - died when she was about 2 years old in the spring of 1755.
Joseph pre-deceased Mary by 14 years in 1769 at the age of 49. Ten years after his death, their youngest daughter, now Johanah Gollington, also died aged just 22, just weeks after their marriage.
Mary lived for another 4 years, dying in the September of 1783, aged about 60 years.
- circa 1723 at Little Downham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 18th July 1723 at St. Leonard's Church, Little Downham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Joseph Irons (1720-1769) on 20th June 1742 at St. Leonard's Church, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Mary Irons (1742-?)
- William Irons (1744-?)
- Ruth Irons (1749-?)
- Sarah Irons (1753-1755)
- Rebecca Irons (1755-1843) married Robert Barber (1757-1821).
- Johanah Irons (1757-1779) married Thomas Gollington (17??-?)
- During September 1783 at Little Downham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 29th September 1783 at St. Leonard's Churchyard, Little Downham, Cambridgeshire, England.