However, when Robert was around 8 years old, his father died, leaving his mother with five children to look after. She later remarried to Philip Martin of nearby village Coveney.
Robert married Rebecca Irons and the couple had at least eight children and they moved to Ely during the early 1800s.
Robert pre-deceased his wife by 22 years in 1821.
- circa 1757 at Witcham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 11th July 1757 at St. Martin's Church, Witcham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Rebecca Irons (1755-1843) on 12th July 1778 at St. Leonard's Church, Little Downham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Robert Barber (1779-?)
- William Barber (1782-178?)
- Wenham Barber (1784-1832) married Elizabeth Walker (1786-1872).
- Hannah Barber (1786-?) married Thomas Macer (17??-183?), and later to Thomas Graves (1791-18??)
- William Barber (1789-?)
- Mary Barber (1791-1805)
- John Barber (1794-?)
- Josiah Barber (1800-1876) married Mary Mantle (1802-1853), and later Elizabeth Page (1800-?)
Census and Residence
- 1815: Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1815: Labourer
Last Will & Testament
- Written 18th April 1815
- During November 1821 at Ely, Cambridgeshire, England, aged 64 years.
- 15th November 1821 at St. Mary's Church, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.