Jane married grocer Herbert Watts, and the couple settled in Clapham, London to become parents to eight children, but sadly only four of them survived survived - two sons and two daughters.
Jane's oldest son was Lincoln Watts - who went on to become a Baptist Missionary - travelling to India on many occasions to evangelise the local population. Records show that this came up against a frosty reception. Lincoln and his family travelled between England and India on many occasions.
Her oldest daughter Martena Watts, married David Arthur Thrower - another Baptist Missionary, and together they also travelled to India on a few occasions undertaking the same kind of work. Like both of Jane's sons - Lincoln and Newman, son-in-law David was also an author.
The 1911 census states that Jane is working as a Midwife, whilst Herbert is noted as an Egg Dealer. The couple are joined by their two daughters, but also four visitors from the Clouting and Andrews families, and a 74 year old spinster pensioner named Lavinia Franks, who is noted as a Boarder. Whilst Lavinia is noted as having been born in Chipstead, Surrey, Jane's maternal grandmother, Sarah Jane Franks. Could they be related?
Jane appears to pre-decease Herbert by about two years in 1951.
- 1863 in March, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Herbert Watts (1870-1953) on 24th August 1891 at St. Paul's Church, Clapham, Surrey, England.
- Lincoln Watts (1892-1960) married Ethel Alice Hines (1888-1975)
- Newman Watts (1893)
- Edwin Watts (1894)
- Newman Watts (1895-1949) married Esther Annie Chapman (18??-?)
- Eudora Watts (1897-1898)
- Martena Watts (1899-1980) married David Arthur Thrower (1900-1985)
- Ella Watts (1904-1906)
- Rosa Vera Watts (1906-1993) married James William Rippon (1913-1998)
Census and Residence
- 1871: 7yrs, Third Drove Gate House, Little Downham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1881: 19yrs, 35 Clephane Road, Little Downham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1891: 27yrs, Minchenden Lodge, High Street, Little Downham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1901: 37yrs, 67 Old Town, Clapham, Surrey, England.
- 1911: 47yrs, 37 Sandmere Road, Clapham, London, England.
- 1891: Housemaid Domestic
- 1901: Cook
- 1911: Midwife
- During 1951 in the London Borough of Lambeth, London, England.
- Not yet known.