When he was about 27 years old, Isaac married Sarah Murfitt from the neighbouring village of Soham. The couple initially began their family of 10 children here, before moving to nearby Ely by 1832.
By 1841, Isaac, like his name-sake oldest son, is noted as a Agricultural Labourer, and the growing family are living at Annesdale, near the Waterside area of Ely, which at that time was an area of poverty. By 1851, the family had moved around the corner to Bridge Road, and added the final two children to the family.
Isaac died in December 1864, and was buried at Ely Cemetery just 6 days before his youngest daughter Charlotte got married.
- Circa 1795 at Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 13th December 1795 at St. Laurence's Church, Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Sarah Murfitt (1805-?) on 24th June 1822 at St. Andrew's Church, Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Isaac Bailey (1824-?) married Maria (18??-?)
- Eliza Bailey (1827-?) married Henry Strawson (18??)
- Sarah Bailey (1828-?)
- William Bailey (1830-?) married Mary Benton (18??-?)
- Elizabeth Bailey (1832-?) married William Nicholas (18??-?)
- Richard Bailey (1835-?)
- Mary Ann Bailey (1837-?)
- Margaret Bailey (1839-?) married Thomas Hitch (18??-?)
- Jeremiah Bailey (1841)
- James Bailey (1843-?) married Mary Ann Collin (1844-?)
- Charlotte Bailey (1846-?) married William Patten (18??-?)
Census and Residence
- 1841: 45yrs, Annesdale, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: 50yrs, Bridge Road, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1841: Agricultural Labourer
- 1848: Labourer.
- 1851: Agricultural Labourer
- December 1864 at Backhill, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England, aged 69 years.
- 18th December 1864 in grave B1005(C) at Ely City Cemetery, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.