After his marriage to Elizabeth Bird in 1803, the couple appear to have become parents eleven times between 1804 and 1827, although at least three of them failed to survive infancy.
By the time of the 1841 census, it is only daughter Sarah Bailey who remains at the family home with William and Elizabeth, with William noted as being 68yrs old and blind.
William pre-deceased Elizabeth by almost eleven years, and she later appears on the 1851 census as a 73 year old Pauper, living at Bedlham Yard, Wicken with her grand-daughter, Ann Bowers, aged 8 years.
- Circa 1785 at Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 8th January 1785 at St. Laurence's Church, Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Elizabeth Bird (1778-1861) on 13th October 1803 at St. Laurence's Church, Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
- William Bailey (1804-?) married Elizabeth Bowles (1809-?)
- Oliver Bailey (1804-1890) married Ann Maria Green (1799-1848), and later to Susannah Bangs (1798-1888)
- James Bailey (1808-?) married Jane Foreman (1809-?)
- Ann Bailey (1811-1897) married Henry Bowers (1812-1847), and later to Jackson Layton (1817-1888).
- Isaac Bailey (1814-?)
- Rebecca Bailey (1816-?) married George Pollard (18??-?)
- Sarah Bailey (1820-?) married William Saunders (18??-?)
- Richard Bailey (1823)
- Phoebe Bailey (1825-1827)
- George Bailey (1827-?)
- Phebe Bailey (1827)
Census and Residence
- 1841: 58yrs, Workhouse Yard, Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
- April 1850 at Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England, aged 67 years.
- 22nd April 1850 at St. Laurence's Church, Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.