William was born in Southery where his father worked as a shepherd. William stayed with the family and took work on the land as a Farm Labourer.
He married Eliza Gill ('Lizzy') in 1912, and the couple had five children which included twin daughters Ena and Vera in 1926.
Whilst William's family are living at Hills Road in Cambridge at the time of the 1939 Register, he has yet to be located, although he reappears for electoral registers during the 1940s and 50s, so was probably just elsewhere on this day.
William pre-deceased Lizzy in 1962, and she survived him by seven years.
- 17th July 1890 at Southery, Norfolk, England.
- 7th October 1894 with brothers Walter Barber and Reuben Barber at St. Mary's Church, Southery, Norfolk, United Kingdom.
- Eliza Elizabeth Gill (1889-1969) during 1912 in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Leslie W Barber (1913-1998) married Gladys I Rumbelow (19??-?)
- Maisie Winifred Ruth Barber (1914-) married William Herbert Bolton (1912-1996)
- Ena Pauline Barber (Twin) (1926-2015) married James Traynor (1920-1995)
- Vera Edwina Barber (Twin) (1926-1973) married Ralph Brown (19??-?)
- Ernest Arthur Trevor Barber (1929-1993) married Hilda M McGarvie (19??-?)
Census and Residence
- 1891: 1yr, Townsend, Southery, Norfolk, England.
- 1901: 10yrs, Main Street, Witchford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1911: 20yrs, Main Street, Witchford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1939: Not yet found.
- 1945: 79 Hills Road, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1911: Farm Labourer
- 7th June 1962 in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Not yet known.