By the time that Caroline was 23 years old, she appears on the 1851 census as a servant, living and working at the house of Captain William A. F. Payne and his wife Elizabeth.
Caroline married gardener John Radford of Yatton, Somerset in 1852, and the couple settled down to raise their family of at least seven children, intially in Caroline's native Combe Florey, but later at Martock and then Burnham on Sea in Somerset.
By the time of her last census in 1891, Caroline and John are living with their youngest son, Septimus Radford, in Taunton, Somerset. John continued to work as a gardener, but Caroline has now started working as a laundress - presumably to help the family pay their way. Septimus is noted as a 17 year old 'Tailor's Apprentice'.
Caroline died in the spring of 1897 at the age of 68 years, pre-deceasing her husband by about 3 years.
- During 1828 at Combe Florey, Somerset, England.
- 9th March 1828, at the church of St. Peter and Paul at Combe Florey, Somerset, England.
- John Radford (1827-1894) on 17th February 1752 at St. Mary & St. Andrew's Church, Pitminster, Somerset, England.
- Catherine Radford (1854-1930)
- Edwin Radford (1857-?)
- Charles John Radford (1859-1950)
- Sarah Christina Radford (1861-?) married Alexander Evans (1861-?)
- Thomas William Radford (1867-1944)
- Henry John Radford (1869-1870)
- Septimus Radford (1873-1943) married Edith Elizabeth Parr (1876-1955)
Census and Residence
- 1841: 13yrs, Combe Florey, Somerset, England.
- 1851: 23yrs, Staplehay, Pitminster, Somerset, England.
- 1861: 33yrs, Bower Hinton, Martock, Somerset, England.
- 1871: 44yrs, Grove Lodge, Burnham on Sea, Somerset, England.
- 1881: 53yrs, 7 Alfred Street, Burnham on Sea, Somerset, England.
- 1891: 63yrs, Guildford Place, High Street, Taunton, Somerset, England.
- 1897: 68yrs, 9 High Street, Taunton, Somerset, England.
- 1851: Servant for Captain William A. F. Payne.
- 1891: Laundress
- During May 1897 at 9 High Street, Taunton, Somerset, England aged 68 years.
- 22nd May 1897 at St. Mary Magdalene Church, Taunton, Somerset, England.