Rebekah entered domestic servitude by the time she was 14 years old,
By the time she was 18, she was walking the aisle of her native Coveney parish church to marry farmer Joseph Brown of neighbouring Little Downham in the November of 1875.
The couple soon became parents to their first child the following year, and eventually had a total of 15 children over the next 23 years.
Joseph worked as a Farmer throughout his life, initially at Little Downham, but this took him into Edwardstone and Preston in neighbouring Suffolk.
Rebekah pre-deceased Joseph at the age of 46 in 1903, when their youngest child was no more than 6 years old.
Joseph re-married to his niece Eliza Jane Moden (the oldest daughter of his wife's sister, Mary Ann Freeman in 1905, therefore providing his children with a step-mother who was also their cousin.
- During 1857 at Coveney, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 28th February 1858 with her cousin Walter William Freeman at St. Peter-ad-Vincula Church in Coveney, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Joseph Brown (1854-1915) on 24th November 1875 at St. Peter-ad-Vincula Church, Coveney, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Mary Brown (1876-?)
- Ellen Brown (1878-?)
- Charles Brown (1879-?)
- Florence Brown (1880-?)
- Ann Brown (1881)
- Alfred Brown (1883-?)
- Thomas Brown (1884-19??)
- Jonathan Brown (1885-1886)
- Elizabeth M Brown (1888-?)
- Rhoda Brown (1889-?)
- Jonathan Brown (1892-?)
- Emily Brown (1893-?)
- Elsie Brown (1895-?)
- Ethel Brown (1896-?)
- Arthur William Brown (1897-1967) married Olive Mabel Fairy (1901-1962)
Census and Residence
- 1861: 4yrs, Frogs Abbey, Coveney, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1871: 14yrs, Day's Farm, Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1881: 23yrs, The Hithe, Little Downham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1891: 33yrs, The Hithe, Little Downham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1901: 43yrs, Quick's Farm, Edwardstone, Suffolk, England.
- 1903: 46yrs, Quick's Farm, Edwardstone, Suffolk, England.
- 1871: Domestic Servant for William Barber (Farmer)
- 1881: Farmer's Wife
- 1901: Dairy Woman
- 30th December 1903 at Quick's Farm, Edwardstone, Suffolk, England, aged 46 years.
Cause of Death
- 1. Cancer of Pancreas
- Location not yet known.