William Gillings (also known as William Gillions or William Jillings) was seemingly the oldest of at least three children of John Gillings and his wife Mary of Dunton, Bedfordshire, England.
William married Elizabeth Miller of Wrestlingworth, Bedfordshire, in 1763, and they soon settled down to become parents five times.
Sadly, their first child, Sara, died after just a few months of life. Elizabeth then died at about the age of 39 years, leaving William with their four children - the youngest no more than 3 years old.
William re-married 3 years later, to Sara Fielding, and together they had four more children.
Sara pre-deceased William by a little under 3 years, and he died in Wrestlingworth in 1810.
- circa 1730 in Dunton, Bedfordshire, England.
- 12th November 1730 at St. Mary Magdalene Church, Dunton, Bedfordshire, England.
- Elizabeth Miller (1741-1780) on 25th January 1763 at St. Peter's Church, Wrestlingworth, Bedfordshire, England.
- Sara Fielding (17??-1807) on 16th September 1783 at St. Peter's Church, Wrestlingworth, Bedfordshire, England.
- Sara Gillions (1764-1765)
- Elizabeth Gillions (c.1770-?)
- Susan Gillions (1771-1859) married Edward Gilbert (1774-1852)
- Mary Gillions (1774-?) married William Darts (17??-?)
- William Gillions (1777-?)
- Ann Gillions (1785-?)
- Mary Gillions (1787-?)
- Sara Gillions (1790-?)
- Simeon Gillions (1794-?)
- During March 1810 in Wrestlingworth, Bedfordshire, England.
- 18th March 1810 at St. Peter's Church, Wrestlingworth, Bedfordshire, England.