Dean Jeffery was the oldest of the five known children of William Jeffery and his wife Mary Suffolk of Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
Dean married Mary Beasley at Ely's Holy Trinity Church in 1801, and they went on to have at least seven children, and set up home in Market Street, Ely.
Tragedy struck in 1815, when at the age of 38 years, Mary died, leaving Dean with a young family of 6 surviving children. By 1817 he re-married to an Eleanor Jeffery of Great Chesterford, Essex, and the couple had further seven children. It is unclear as to whether Eleanor was one of Dean's relations.
Dean is noted as a Gardener when he appears alongside his family on the 1841 census. They are living on the North Side of Newnham in Ely, not far from Dean's older son Christopher and his family in Nutholt Lane.
- 1783 in Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 24th January 1783 at Holy Trinity Church in Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Mary Beasley (1777-1815) on 22nd October 1801 at Holy Trinity Church in Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Eleanor Jeffery (17??-18??) on 20th April 1817 at Holy Trinity Church in Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- William Dean Jeffery (1802-1848)
- Sarah Beasley Jeffery (1805-?)
- Christopher Jeffery (1806-1845) married Elizabeth Collin (1808-1848)
- Elizabeth Jeffery (1808-1896) married John Yarrow (1806-1858)
- John Jeffery (1810)
- John Jeffery (1811-?)
- Walter Suffolk Jeffery (1812-?)
- Frederick Jeffery (1820-?) married Elizabeth (18??-?)
- Dorcas Jeffery (1821-1907) married Edward Pooley (18??-18??)
- Eleanor Jeffery (1822-?)
- Johnson Jeffery (1826-?)
- Sarah Jeffery (1829-?)
- Samuel Jeffery (1831-1849)
- Henry Jeffery (1834-?)
Census and Residence
- 1841: 55yrs, Newnham, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1844: Gardener
- May 1850 at Newnham, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 19th May 1850 at Holy Trinity Church, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.