Robert Barber was the second of at least seven children of William Barber and his wife Mary of Witcham, Cambridgeshire, England.
Robert married Winifred Gunton when he was about 27 years old, and the couple had at least four children, but sadly the first two (both daughters) struggled to thrive and died as infants.
Robert wrote his Will on 15th March 1638, presumably from his death bed. He was buried just five days later.
- circa 1600 at Witcham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Winifred Gunton (1606-?) on 29th May 1627, at St. Peter's Church, Wentworth, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Marie Barber (1628)
- Rebecca Barber (1630-1635)
- Thomas Barber (1634-1706) married Joane (1634-1663), and later to Sarah Bowles (1640-1672), and Mary Lyntull (16??-1696).
- William Barber (1636-?) married Elizabeth.
- March 1638 at Witcham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 20th March 1638 of Witcham, Cambridgeshire, England.