Whilst Ann was born in Fordham, she was only little when her family moved to nearby Wicken. She remains here with them until she is at most 20 years old, where she's found giving birth in St. Pancras, London in 1888.
Her daughter Ethel gives a tantalising insight into a potential father's identity, having the middle name of Wright.
By 1891, Ann is back in St. Pancras and noted as 'Annie Bishop', and working as a General Domestic Servant for Albert Becker, a straw plait agent from Berlin, Germany. Ann's daughter Ethel was in the care of her parents back home in Wicken.
Ann eventually returns home for good in 1893 and marries horsekeeper John Canham at Wicken's parish church. They settle down to become parents six times, and help to continue a Bishop family tradition of using the name Simpson in male descendants - a maiden name of Ann's Great Grandmother, Elizabeth Simpson, who'd died aged 33 in 1826.
Ann received the sum of £60 in her mother's Will in 1889, and was present at her father's death in 1901. She died 30 years later.
- 1868 at Fordham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 17th May 1868 at St. Laurence's Church, Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
- John Canham (1869-?) on 25th October 1893 at St. Laurence's Church, Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Ethel Sarah Wright Bishop (1888-19??)
- Florence Ann Canham (1895-?) married George Albert Turner (1896-?)
- Edith Jane Canham (1899-?) married George Toynton (1893-?)
- Mabel May Canham (1900-?) married Robert Murfet (1895-?)
- John Robert Simpson Canham (1901-1918)
- George Albert Canham (1903-?) married Beatrice May Edwards (1914-?)
- James William Canham (1906-?) married Doris May Constable (1918-?)
Census and Residence
- 1871: 1yr, Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1873: Priory Farm, Burwell, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1881: 11yrs, High Street Street, Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1891: 21yrs, 61 Bartholomew Road, St. Pancras, London, England.
- 1901: 31yrs, High Fen Cottage, Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1911: 41yrs, High Fen, Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1891: General Domestic Servant for Albert Becker (Straw Plait Agent) at St. Pancras
- During the December quarter of 1931.
- Not yet known.