Elizabeth Simpson was the youngest of the four known children of James Simpson and his wife Lilly Boon of Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.
Elizabeth married agricultural labourer John Bishop of Soham, and the couple settled down to have three children before disaster struck and Elizabeth died. Elizabeth was buried on the same day as her baby daughter was baptised, suggesting that she may have died during or as a result of childbirth. Her death takes place before certification, and therefore the cause of death can not be confirmed.
Within a few months, baby Elizabeth followed her to the grave.
Widower John Bishop would go on to re-marry three more times, extending the Bishop family, and out-living all four wives.
Elizabeth's maiden name of Simpson would go on to echo through-out the Bishop family, perhaps in memory of her short life. It was used as the first name of her son, but also appears as a middle name for her grandson, great-grandson, and a 2x great grandson, born almost 80 years after her death.
- 27th January 1793 at Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 6th February 1793 at St. Andrew's Church, Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- John Bishop (1795-1868) on 21st August 1818 at St. Andrew's Church, Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Simpson Bishop (1818-?) married Elizabeth Taylor (1818-1860), and later to Elizabeth Ellinor (1826-1868), and Sarah Brown (1829-?)
- John Bishop (1823-?)
- Elizabeth Bishop (1826)
- Early June 1826 at Soham, Cambridgeshire, England, aged 34 years.
- 11th June 1826 at St. Andrew's Church, Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.