Ephraim Cross was the seventh of the fourteen children of Philip Cross and his second wife Ellen Wayman, (formerly Saberton) of Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
One month after Ephraim married Fanny Foreman, the couple boarded a ship called "Robert Small" and departed from Southampton, England, bound for Sydney, Australia, where they arrived on 23rd May 1856.
Settling into their new life in Australia, the couple then went on to have ten children. Sadly their first child, Mary Ellen, died when she was just 6 years old.
- Circa 1833 in Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 7th July 1833 at Holy Trinity Church, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England, and possibly also 22nd November 1835 at St. Mary's Church, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Fanny Foreman (1836-1923) on 25th October 1855 at St. Mary's Church, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Mary Ellen Cross (1856-1862)
- Sarah Cross (1859-1949) married Stephen Hazelwood (18??-?)
- Alice Cross (1861-1963) married John David Crichton (18??-?)
- Mary Ellen Cross (1863-1954) married Frederick William Trow Bayley (18??-?)
- Richard Albert Cross (1865-1954) married Ellen Frances Norris (18??-?)
- Ephraim Cross (1867-1942) married Sarah Eliazbeth Buttenshaw (18?-?)
- Selina Foreman Cross (1870-1946) married George Henry Buttenshaw (18??-?)
- Fanny Cross (1878-?) married Patrick Lane (18??-?)
- Walter George Cross (1879-?) married Ann Wells (18??-?)
Census and Residence
- 1841: 7yr, Cuckold's Haven, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: 17yrs, Downham Road, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: Butcher's Labourer
- 18th December 1919 in Elderslie, New South Wales, Australia.
- December 1919, with his wife Fanny, at Narellan Cemetery, Narellan, New South Wales, Australia.