Mary Long (later Mary Dewey) was the second of at least nine children of Philip Long and his wife Ann Bradford of the village of Witcham in Cambridgeshire, England.
She married George Dewey in 1790 and together they settled down to raise five children, although sadly their youngest two children, both named Thomas, died in their infancy.
Just five months after the death of this second son, Mary also died at the age of just 43 years.
Her widower, George, was left to care for the surviving three older children, but he re-married nine months later to Mary Peyton. The couple swiftly began growing the family again, adding a further six children.
Mary had pre-deceased George by 39 years.
- Circa 1764 in Witcham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 29th November 1764 at St. Martin's Church at Witcham in Cambridgeshire, England.
- George Dewey (1771-1846) on 12th October 1790 at St. Martin's Church, Witcham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- William Dewey (1791-1865) married Ellen Markerham (1791-1856)
- Sarah Dewey (1794-?)
- Elizabeth Dewey (1796-18??) married Robert Tabraham (1795-18??)
- Thomas Dewey (1799)
- Thomas Dewey (1800-1807)
- During November 1807 at Witcham, Cambridgeshire, England, aged 43 years.
- 12th November 1807 at St. Martin's Church, Witcham, Cambridgeshire, England.