Philip Martin was the sixth of the eight known children of James Martin, and the oldest with his second wife Jane Hescue of the fenland village of Coveney in Cambridgeshire, England.
Philip married Elizabeth Morlin in 1750 and the couple went to live in Coveney where they had five children.
Sadly, in 1769 Philip had become a widower, but the following year he re-married to Susan(nah) Barber (née Poole) who was my 5x Great Maternal Grandmother.
It doesn't appear that there were any children from Philip and Susannah's marriage.
Susannah died three years later, having already bore six children from her first marriage to Robert Barber.
- circa 1727 probably at Coveney, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 16th January 1727 at St. Peter-ad-Vincula Church, Coveney, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Elizabeth Morlin (17??-1769) on 7th April 1750 at St. Andrew's Church, Sutton, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Susannah Poole (1727-1772) on 28th April 1770 at St. Martin's Church, Witcham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Elizabeth Martin (c.1750-?)
- William Martin (c.1752-1764)
- John Martin (1754-?) married Mary Smith (17??-?)
- James Martin (1759-?) married Ann Butcher (17??-?)
- Robert Martin (1760-?)
- Possibly in January 1796.
- 29th January 1796 at St. Andrew's Church, Sutton, Cambridgeshire, England.